I love the message of this song. And, Patti Smith is great live. I’ve watched her sing this song with my kids many times. They like the song. Its up lifting. To see Patti on stage (via video) close that night in London is inspiring.
I can’t wait to show my kids. They like both Patti Smith and U2.
Watch the video and share your favorite U2 clips in the comments. Actually, share any songs that inspire you to reach father and dig deeper to make the world a better place. This is one of mine.
I can’t wait to see them when they return with some new music. Who wants to see them with me?
Tomorrow Sungshim and I teach and train couples in skills and knowledge on how to build up their marriage. I wanted to prepare a little song set to play in the background. The 1st 3 songs are a sort of “Help Me Jesus” songs. I thought I would share here.
Lord, I Need You (feat. Audrey Assad) – Acoustic
- Wow, Matt’s voice is soothing and piercing at the same time.
- I found out about Matt because I really enjoy Audrey Assad’s music.
“Help Me Jesus” – The Staple Singers
- I got my family into Mavis Staples. She is such a wonderful singer and storyteller.
- This song is from her earlier days.
You’re Not Alone by Mavis Staples Lyrics
- I found this today. A real gem.
- This song is all about how Immanuel is with us and understands us.